Monday, February 27, 2012

Assignment 6 - Black and White

For this assignment we had to take a black and white photo. We could put the camera on the black and white setting to take the photo, or edit the photo to be black and white in photoshop. The photo could be any photo we recently took of anything, as long as it was a good photo and would look good or even better in black and white. For this assignment we also had to edit our photos in photoshop.

 original


 edited






I learned from this assignment how to edit photos to be black and white in photoshop. I used the black and white setting and adjusted the levels of color in the photo. I learned that even though the photo is in black and white, there are still different levels of color in it which can be adjusted to give a totally different look to the photo. I took a picture of a tree in my yard. I like the picture and think it looks good in black and white because the texture of the tree really stands out in the photo and it is focused more on the textures in the photo than the colors.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how this picture looks in black and white. I like how you can see the detail of the tree.

    ReplyDelete